Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

White Chocolate Bark with Cherries and Almonds


 Here is an easy recipe for a white chocolate with cherries and almonds. I made this for the party last week. It is something I often make for Christmas. The taste is great and the texture is a wonderful blend crunchy, chewy and creamy. The tart dried fruit help balance out the sweet white chocolate. 
By the way, feel free to adjust the amounts, I don't measure. Also feel free to use different fruits and nuts, it is a nice flexible recipe! 


White Chocolate Bark with Cherries and Toasted Almonds

1 cup sliced almonds
About 1 ½ cups dried cherries
½ cup dried peaches or apricots, chopped
12 oz or so quality White Chocolate
1/2 tsp almond extract, optional


Toast almonds in 325 degree oven for about 8 -10 minutes
Line a large rectangular baking pan with heavy foil or parchment paper.

Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in metal bowl placed over saucepan of simmering water.
Keep heat low and stir constantly until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.

Add the extract, if using.

Spoon white chocolate into an even layer that is not overly thin or thick.
Immediately sprinkle with cherries, almonds and peaches.                                                           

Pat everything into the melted white chocolate and lightly cover with foil. Refrigerate for  at least an hour.
Break into pieces and enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yum! This looks absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cherries and almonds, so this sounds like a winning combination - i'm sure it tastes delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Cherries and almonds are so good together. The peaches also added a nice sweet-tart flavor too. I think the colors all went well together, too!Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Looks great!! I would love this as a sweet snack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination with white chocolate. I agree, cherries and almonds go well together. I'm craving for these now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I looked at this I instantly thought, this would be perfect for Christmas - then I read the post. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete