Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Recipes soon, kitchen completion not so soon

Hello! I am sorry there is not much new here for dinner but I am hoping to pop in and post something next week. We are in the midst of kitchen remodeling and I am totally wondering why I thought the month of May would be a good time to do this. Yes, the weather is pleasant for eating outdoors and for working inside, but what a busy month this was! Just the last two weeks were so full with a dozen graduation parties, one going away party and four birthday parties- three of which were in my immediate family! We have also had two sets of guests who braved the piles of boxes and furniture to stay the night here and another on her way this week. In addition, we are entering June, always a busy month and  the kitchen still has two to three more weeks of work before we begin the dining room/living room painting and carpeting. Then it is on to the backyard (or back garden)!

Whew! I am not complaining because I do know I am very lucky that when we are done working we will have a lovely kitchen to enjoy but, yes, I am giving an excuse for lack of blogging :-) However, since I am eating out so much, I think I will blog on one or more of the little places we have been frequenting. So keep an eye out for that!

Would you like a little peek at the new color of our wood floor? We did hire a flooring company to come and re-do our floors. I really like the way they turned out! This is one of the few things we did not do ourselves but my husband re did our floors once and I know it is totally worth it to have professionals sand, stain and varnish! They had a machine that sucked up most of the awful dust as they worked!
Now we are on to getting the last few cabinets installed, next week we will get our granite counters and the follwing week we will have appliances!! Did I tell you we found a great deal on appliances and will have an induction cooktop? It will be an adjustment; I may be burning everything!



 

11 comments:

  1. We miss you but you have a beautiful floor :)

    Nothing ever happens as quickly as they tell you it will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen. I do love the floor and things are coming along. I just need to be cool with the fact that delivery dates are more of suggestions than promises :-) I can't be too chill though since the only way to not get pushed around is to push back just a little in a very polite and " Oh is there any way you can help me out with this?" It is hard since if one delivery changes then everything else will need to change. Thanks for dropping by :-)

      Delete
  2. I hope it goes smoother for you...I know you can't wait to get back into the kitchen! The floors look fantastic. :) Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ramona! I am trying to be patient and know it feels like it is taking forever because I am right in the middle of it all. But things should be finishing up in 2 or 3 weeks. I hope you enjoy your weekend too!! We get to hang out with friends tonight, always nice! Right now, a kind friend is helping my husband put the cabinets in... coming along!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey there Natalie :-) I am glad you like them!!! Can't wait till it gets done and you can come see it!

      Delete
  4. I think it's a great weather to work on upgrade. I hate to do it in fall/winter because it can be too cold to keep the door open, and spring in my area is rainy... I'd put up with ANYTHING if I can get a beautiful floor and kitchen. =D Hang in there. You will be enjoying your new kitchen fully, for holidays this year! Thought of that made me jealous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we waited for late spring to start so there would be less snow and this spring was particularly nice to work since it was dry. The weather now is a bit warm but I don't mind walking out in the garage to the refrigerator or eating out on the patio, even late.
      Yes, the holidays this year I will have a bigger oven and an induction cooktop!!

      Delete
  5. What an exciting change! Little by little, your new space is being "born". I can't wait until the baby arrives! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be soon. Counters at the end of the week, and applainces next week. Then the tile for the back splash and lighting...I still have to choose those!!

      Delete