Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lemonade in a Juicer


I do love lemonade in the summer!! I had a few lemons and I wanted to try to make a healthier version so I pulled out my big juicer and threw in some other ingredients. I added extra nutrition and needed a lot less sugar. If you like tart, you can even skip the sugar altogether since  juicing grapes and apples means there is a lot of natural fructose in this refreshing beverage.  Pull out your juicer and try your own version! I think this could be good with some cucumber or carrots, too!




Lemonade in the juicer

1-2 lemons , zest removed*

About 2 ½ to 3 cup green grapes, washed ( just used a bunch, with stems. I did not measure)

1-2 apples, semi-peeled, chunked ( I used green granny smiths)

1” fresh ginger root,peeled,  optional

1 orange, zest removed, optional

3/4 cup kale, optional

Simple syrup- ¼ cup sugar , ¼  cup water, OR Agave optional


Juice everything except simple syrup.

Make simple syrup and cool. You may find your lemonade is sweet enough so do taste before adding. If you find it is still not sweet enough you can add more. Or sweeten with agave.

Serve over ice immediately for best flavor and nutrition.

*I used large lemons but the amount is really up to you. Try one lemon then add the other if needed. My juicer says to remove outer colored part of peel, as it is too sour and a bit bitter, but you could try leaving some on if you like extra flavor.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... I never expected the kale in there. What a cool idea. :) I bet it tasted fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete