I should post the two sets of awards my blogging friends have sent my way.
My first came from Giulietta at http://alterkitchen.it/ . She has a wonderful blog from Italy and she translates many of her recipes so English speakers can enjoy them, too! I love seeing some authentic italian recipes to try!It makes me hugry just to look at the pictures. Thank you much to Giulietta for sharing some kind praise.
I also received a nice bunch of awards from Parsley sage over at http://www.psdeepdish.blogspot.com/ . Her blog is a fun and delicious blend of wonderful recipes, restaurant reviews, travel food stories and a slice of life in the Cayman Islands. I love the way she writes and can't wait to try some of her recipes. Thanks, Parsley sage!
One thing that I am supposed to do with this the 7 facts award is to share 7 facts about me. Hmmm.
1. I live at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and I REALLY love it but I grew up on the coast of California and I do miss the ocean.
2. I have a fun, kind, generous husband and two kids who have been such a joy to me! They are source of wonder and amazement. My son is a musician and my daughter is an artist so my home is always full of song, art and lively conversation.
3. I love to travel and try to do so without spending too much. I have been to Japan, Thailand, England, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Mexico, Israel and all over the western and eastern United States.
4. I love music and I am so glad my town has a good local music scene so I can go to lots of concerts. I like many different kinds of music.
5. I have been a caterer and cooking instructor even though I am not formally trained as a chef. I love to cook but I still have a lot to learn! I really started learning to cook when I was in college and read Joy of cooking cover to cover. Now it is mostly intuitive experimentation.
6. I think life is meant to be an adventure and I always want to be experiencing and learning new things.
7. I really love people- meeting new friends and hanging out with all kinds of people. I think having a really good conversation is one of my favorite things ever!
Well, I am going to pass these on but I will update later. I am babysitting two preschoolers and need to go visit an imaginary house in our backyard.