Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spicy Asian Peanut Dip



   

Here is a great dip that is a happy surprise of flavor. Made with peanut butter and flavored with a blend of spicy goodness that has an Asian flair. This dip is awesome as a starter but try to make enough for leftovers. Heat it up and add a bit more water to the left over dip and you will have a great sauce for pasta. Or add extra vinegar and a bit of oil for a tasty salad dressing. The only problem is that it is difficult to make enough to have leftovers!


Spicy Asian Peanut Dip by Denise

¾  cup smooth natural peanut butter

1-2 TBSP brown sugar

1 TBSP honey

1 – 1 ½ TBSP soy sauce  

 1 TBSP rice vinegar

1 TBSP lime juice

¼ tsp red pepper flakes

Pinch of Cayenne pepper 

1 tbsp. or more freshly grated ginger or ginger paste from a jar

1-2 cloves garlic, pressed or 2 tsp. minced garlic from a jar

Garnish with 1-2 chopped green onions or toasted sesame seeds or chopped peanuts



Mix together and taste to adjust everything. I think it is best to refrigerate for a few hours. Make sure to take it out of the fridge 30 minutes or more before serving to bring it to room temperature Top with green onions or toasted sesame seeds.



Serve vegetables for dipping . You could make it a bit thinner with extra water, soy sauce, vinegar and serve with grilled chicken skewers.

 Left over dip is great as a pasta sause with pasta, veggies, and chicken. Just add a bit more water and soy sauce.  Also makes a great salad dressing if you add extra vinegar and oil.

6 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to try this, it sounds incredible! I love spicy and this includes some of my favorite ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious Denise!! So healthy and it's easy to make. I have everything in my pantry too! Keeping this recipe for BBQ party or potluck. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is a favorite because I usually have everything I need to make it, it tastes great and is gluten and lactose free and vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, so tasty! I'll remember to double the recipe to ensure maximum leftovers :) Thanks for sharing and for the kind words for my mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Denise. Wow! I wish you were my neighbor. I'd love to sample all your meals.
    Kay from Musings

    ReplyDelete